Lapel's Huge Water Project
The long waiting water project is finally under construction! Lapel’s $4 million water project includes installing 10,550 linear feet of water main, completing well improvements, and improving water treatment & storage. The rehab construction of the Ford Street Well began the week of March 21, 2022. Construction on the 200,000 gallon ground storage facility is set to begin on April 4, 2022. The ground breaking ceremony will take place April 12, 2022. They are hoping to begin the construction on the water mains along Pendleton Ave later this month. The Town of Lapel Utility Department & construction crews are asking that residents do NOT remove any utility flags you may see in your yard.
Lapel Utility Bills
Now Available: MORE PAYMENT OPTIONS! Starting March 31, 2022
- Set it & forget it – save time and avoid late payments with AutoPay
- Access and pay your bills electronically, at your convenience
- Pay by phone using our automated system: Even when the office is closed!
- Pay by text – sign up to get text notifications about your bill and have the option to pay through text
- Control the timing of your payment – schedule a payment for a future date
- Get email & text reminders (optional)
May 4, 2022: Limb pick up will begin. The Utility Department cannot take any shrubs, or root balls as they will jam the chipper. Limbs cannot be any bigger than 4” in diameter, and piles cannot be any bigger than 6’x6’.
May 18, 2022: Heavy Trash pickup for Lapel residents. Does not include businesses, or apartment complexes. Per Waste Management, heavy trash piles must be within reason. No more than 4 cubic yards of waste should be placed at the curb for collection. Please view the guidelines below.
Examples of typical Household Heavy/Bulk Items that will be accepted:
- Carpet & padding and rugs are acceptable. Must be rolled & tied with tape or string into 4ft sections, no wider than 2ft in diameter, no heavier than 50 lbs.
- Mattresses/Box Springs/Upholstered Furniture must be wrapped in plastic for curbside pickup. Use Mattress bags (available at moving stores) or plastic painting drop cloths sealed with duct tape (available at department stores). Queen size mattress or smaller only. No sofa over 80” and no hide-a-bed/sleeper sofas.
- Bags placed for collection may not exceed thirty‐five (35) pounds & cans may not exceed fifty (50) pounds.
- No individual item over five (5) feet in length, three (3) feet wide or (3) three feet high or weighing over 100 pounds.
- Windows, glass, and mirrors must be less than 3’x4’ in size. Broken glass should be placed in a box, taped shut, and clearly marked, “Broken Glass.”
- Grills - Gas grills must have propane tank removed prior to disposal.
- Lawn Mowers - Push Lawn mowers must be drained of oil and/or gas prior to disposal. We do not accept riding lawn mowers.
- All small items must be in bags or cans for collection. LOOSE PILES WILL BE LEFT FOR THE HOMEOWNERS DISPOSAL.
WM will not accept:
- Auto parts, engines, tires, batteries
- Electronics, including televisions, computers, printers, fax machines, etc.
- No remodeling or construction material - lumber, plaster, drywall, paneling, siding, roofing, or other building materials
- Chemicals, pesticides, paints, solvents or other household hazardous waste
- Propane tanks/gas tanks
- Dead Animals
- Concrete, bricks, dirt, rocks, sod, or stumps
- Iron or steel, or Cast iron bathtubs, or
- Medical waste
- WM will not accept appliances that contain Freon, which include air conditioners, freezers, refrigerators, and dehumidifiers, unless the appliance bears a certification sticker indicating that the Freon has been removed by a certified technician.
April 13th – Trash & Recycle
April 14th- Planning Commission Meeting 6:30pm @ Lapel Eagles
April 15th – Autopay Withdraw
April 18th – Utility Bills Due
April 19th – Park Board Meeting 7:00pm @ Town Hall
April 20th – Regular Trash
April 21st – Lapel Redevelopment Committee Meeting @ 6:00pm @ Lapel Eagles
April 21st – Lapel Town Council Meeting @ 7:00pm @ Lapel Eagles
April 26th – Disconnect for Unpaid Utility Bills
April 27th – Trash & Recycle
Check out the Town of Lapel website at lapelindiana.org for the following information: Ordinances, meeting minutes, town schedule, online bill pay, autopay form, ordinance violation complaint form, reporting a street light out, signing up for text alerts & town newsletter, and direct links to the Town of Lapel Park website, and Town of Lapel Planning website.
Did you know there are multiple ways you can pay your utility bill?
- You can drop your payment in the drop box located at the front of the building
- Drive through the drive thru to pay by cash, check or money order
- Pay inside Town Hall
- Use the online system at lapelindiana.org
- Pay by phone using the automated system
- Mail your payment to PO Box 999 Lapel, IN 46051 (Town of Lapel is NOT responsible for US Mail delivery)